NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
Download a nomination form here or call into the Access Desk, Manning House or the ISL at the Wentworth Building to collect a printed copy.
Nominations close 21 September 2012
Union Blue Nomination Form
Union HLM Nomination Form
2011 Award Recipients
Honorary Life Membership
Union Blue Winners
Anshu De Silva Wijeyeratne
The USU Blue is a prestigious award presented to a limited number of members in acknowledgement of their exceptional and enthusiastic contribution to the USU.
The Blues also offer members an opportunity to put forward someone they feel is worthy of this recognition. Current student members of the USU may nominate themselves.
Recipients will have supported the Union in the execution of its aims, and working towards the fulfilment of its vision and mission.
Importantly, recipients must have made a significant contribution to the “culture” of the organisation and to the well being of their fellow students. Such contribution may be made through various pursuits (and here ‘culture’ is defined broadly); through service to the community; or in support of members and or the ideals of Union membership.
In order to qualify for the award, the nominee must:
- Be an enrolled student, a graduand or have graduated in the current calendar year at the University of Sydney at the time of nomination.
- Be a member of the University of Sydney Union at the time of nomination.
- Demonstrate excellence in their cultural pursuit.
- Contribute significantly to the Union (and thus, University) community
Nominations will be considered by a selection panel consisting of current Board directors, prominent alumni and senior Union staff.
In addition to the above, the selection panel will also give consideration to the following in assessing the nominations:
- Personal achievements, interests and involvements.
- Contribution in their cultural pursuit (“giving back” to the community).
- Demonstrating leadership and innovation.
- Future goals.
- Degree of difficulty of their achievements.
- Previous awards and recognition.
- Voluntary work.
- Nature and length of activity.
- Achievements as an individual and as a part of a group
Honorary Life Membership
Honorary Life Membership is the highest award given to an alumnus or friend of the University of Sydney Union.
Recipients will have made an outstanding contribution over a considerable period of time by assisting the Union in the execution of its aims, and working towards the fulfilment of its vision and mission.
Honorary Life Membership also offer members an opportunity to put forward someone they feel is worthy of this recognition.
A maximum of four awards are made in any one year.
Nominations may be made by any member or group of members (including Life Members), however recipients do not need to be alumni of the University of Sydney; nor are they required to be Members of the Union.
Nominations will be considered by a selection panel consisting of current Board directors, prominent alumni and senior Union staff. In addition to the above, the selection panel will also give consideration to the contribution made by the individual and the length of time over which that contribution has been made or will have effect.